Have you ever been to someone’s place and felt awestruck because it is something straight out of the movies? Interior home decorating is a must, whether you live in a villa, an apartment or even a mobile home, and what is more is that you can do it without breaking the bank. Instead of hiring professional home décor service, you can get as creative as you like with your DIY techniques.
This type of home decoration allows you to customize your residence with DIY accents that really give your space a new life on a budget. It does not matter if you are an amateur or an expert, with the right tips and tricks, you can succeed in giving your place a full makeover without completing a full-fledged remodel.
Candlescaping is a popular trend today, which consists of a set of candles of different heights, scents, and textures arranged in clusters or rows in different places. A smartly designed candlescape can transform any space into a relaxing, inviting sanctuary. When candlescaping, keep the following tips in mind.
- Location is the key. Get creative with your candles where they will be able to create visual impact, yet will not be at a risk of being knocked down and ending up burning the place down. Firm coffee tables, dining tables or fireplace mantles are ideal options. Use large plates or temperature-safe holders for keeping the candles in place and make sure they are at least 2 inches apart to minimize chances of dripping and heat. Place the candles near mirrors to reflect the light beautifully.
- Choose a single scent for all candles to avoid different scents from intermingling
- Remember that when it comes to candlescaping, more is more. Choose the same or similar color tones and use several candles to create a better effect. Add natural decorative pieces like marbles, sand, seashells and pebbles at the foundation to complement the scent and glow.
2. Plate Art
Covering your walls with plates is a cheap yet aesthetically pleasing way to decorate your home. The best thing about this home décor technique is that plates are easily available, cheap and have the same effect as one big wall of art. You can get as creative as you like with the arrangement, size and design of the plates.
3. Add Artwork on Book Shelves
Big pieces of artwork look immensely interesting and fun on bookshelves. Furthermore, they add texture since bookshelves aren’t really the spot where you would expect to see a painting. Here are a few tips you should keep in mind before hanging art pieces on your bookshelf.
- Besides art pieces, you can also add small and compact mirrors, passing ribbon through the hanging bracket, and secure the ribbon’s thickness with a J-shape hook.
- Avoid hanging heavier artwork, and make sure to let the hooks stay for a little while so they reach their full holding capacity.
- You don’t need professional cleaning company, to keep the shelves free of dust, you can buy good cleaners products from stores.
4. Mix and Match Chairs
Switch your formal chairs for a couple of rustic metal ones. This will create a unique and casual atmosphere in your dining room. Keep in the mind these mix-and-match tips for your home decoration without looking like a crazy person.
- Focus More On the Shades: Avoid messing around with different styles and shapes of chairs, as it will look out of place.
- Add A Hint Of Vintage: A blend of vintage styles and chalky colors is the best way to go if you don’t want your mix-and-match décor to stand out too much. Go for neutral colors like peppermint, buttermilk and coral colors.
5. Throw In a Lot of Pillows
You can never really go wrong with pillows, but it is still important to know the basics of decorating with pillows. Try an odd number instead of pairing up the pillows with an even number. A couple of big pillows look sophisticated than a jumble of smaller pillows, so if you are going for a more sophisticated look, go for less. However, if you are going for a more fun and electric look, you need a greater number of bright pillows.